Monday 23 September 2013

To Embrace or To Fear || Monday Moments #7

Source
It's been said the only thing constant in life is change. Change is everywhere and comes in many different forms. Maybe you're getting ready to go back to Uni, or you're starting a new job? Maybe you're moving house or  have just started a new relationship? Either way we all experience change in one form or another.

I think we often like familiarity ( I know I do) and one thing that's common with most types of change is an element of unsureness, not quite knowing what to expect. But although there are some things that we can't change, we can change how we think about change. I've found there a few things I do to help me deal with change which I thought I would share. But more importantly, I want to know how you deal with change so why not leave your tips in the comments section?
 
It takes time
In our fast pace lifestyle we often want things instantly, the "I want it now" syndrome! But it's important to remember that patience is key. When it comes to change, try to remember that things don't always transition smoothly or quickly. Give yourself time to adapt to your new situation and surroundings.

Source
Think of the bigger picture
Not all types of change are as glamorous or as straightforward, but I'm a firm believer that life is a journey.  With most journeys the destination is very different to the starting point, this principle also applies to change. Where you're starting right now, might not be that great but do the the benefits of this new change out weigh the costs? 

Embrace it
There are some things that we have absolutely no control over. Sometimes I find you have to just ride out a particular situation, make the most of things and trust that everything will work for the best!

How do you handle change?

2 comments:

  1. hi feyi! i miss your posts! am glad you are back:) nice reflection on change:)

    ReplyDelete

I love reading all your comments, so comment away! You can also tweet your questions to @UTUBlog or email uncovertheuntold@gmail.com.

You might also like:

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...