Sunday 2 December 2012

3 Reasons Why You Should Take an Interest in Politics

Hope you’re well. Today’s post is slightly different to normal. If you’ve read the title I’m sure you can guess the topic...politics. Recently I got the chance to attend a debate at the House of Commons which inspired me to get more involved in the world of politics. Don’t worry, I’m not looking to change career paths, but you don’t need to be a politician to get involved in politics!  Below are my top 3 reasons why I think you should consider taking an interest in the world of politics.

1. You have the opportunity to let your voice be heard – I’m sure you’ve heard this reason before but it really is true. The people in power are there because we as a society voted them. If you don’t vote how will YOUR voice be heard?
2. The decisions politicians make affect YOU, often without you realising. Taxes, university tuition fees, jobs/employment, education, immigration, healthcare, the list goes on.
3. If you don’t vote, you can’t complain!

Do you vote? And if so why do you vote? Feel free to comment below.

No comments:

Post a Comment

I love reading all your comments, so comment away! You can also tweet your questions to @UTUBlog or email uncovertheuntold@gmail.com.

You might also like:

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...